Hello! I’m a freelance journalist and copywriter in Carlisle, Cumbria with bylines in the UK national press, international outlets, and all over the web.
I work with charities, content agencies and everyone in between. As well as freelance news and features, I create web content, how-to guides and blog posts. I can lead print and digital projects from conception to launch, on time and to budget. See my portfolio or Get in touch!
What I do
I specialise in turning tricky subjects into fun, helpful or engaging content. For instance, I demystify personal finance, banking products and student finance: it’s money without the migraine.
Services & skills
- Writing blog posts, reported features and data-led stories
- Writing and successfully placing press releases and case studies in national and local press
- Planning surveys and finding stories in data
- Flatplanning, scheduling and creating magazine content on time and within budget
- Proofreading & developmental editing, including for multiple departments and authors
- Creating standalone websites and editing stakeholder content
- Managing digital content with WordPress, Umbraco, HTML, CSS, Google Analytics / Trends and more
- Image and photo editing (PhotoShop, DarkTable, AI models)
- AI prompt engineering and content editing
- CSS, HTML, JS and React: here’s a site I built to illustrate police stop and search stats.