I cover personal finance, higher education, parenting, mental health and more. My subject expertise is financial literacy – especially student finance and everyday money skills.
I also work on charity comms, PR and copywriting (especially for and about youth audiences).
I’m a former editor of The Push Guide to Which University (print book series) and author of The Student Moneymanual 2012-2019. I create digital content, including websites and copywriting, for charities including Action for Children.
My experience in publishing and journalism spans:
- Words in the UK national press and outlets all over the web
- Gaining outreach links and press coverage for Save the Student (online – student money advice)
- Editorial Manager, FitPro (print magazines – health & fitness: consumer, B2B)
- Editor, The Push Guide to Which University (print book series – higher education)
- Regional journalist, Mondiale Publishing (trade journalism – bars, restaurants and clubs: B2B)
My training and qualifications include sub-editing (NCTJ), finding stories in data (CIJ), solutions journalism, and good editorial practice. I was long-listed for the Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2019.
Skills & experience
- Writing blog posts, reported features and news
- Writing and successfully placing press releases and case studies in the national and local press
- Flatplanning, scheduling and creating magazine content on time and within budget
- Proofreading & developmental editing – I have lots of experience polishing the work of multiple departments and authors
- Creating standalone websites and editing stakeholder content
- Managing digital content with WordPress, Umbraco, HTML, CSS, Google Trends and more.
- Basic Python and German (A2).